Thursday, April 26, 2007

My favorite blogger quote of April

Coming from a country ravaged by so called Messiahs, I am not a big fan of all who people call pundits.
Carries too much baggage of self importance, you see.

My policy against Pundits begins in the real world and then onto the virtual world.

Dara Shikoh, the eldest son of Shah Jehan (mughal emperor who built the Taj Mahal) was also a poet who said:

“Heaven is that street where Mullah and Pundit (hindu) don’t live”

Unfortunately, the web is no heaven.

Fortunately, the web also punishes its pundits swiftly.

Take the Steve Rubel case, where the so-called Pundit first ranted against PC Mag, but since he also also works for a PR company, Steve apologized and backtracked from his words on his blog.

Steve wasn’t prepared to stand for his words.
I guess that was supposed to happen if you ride in two boats.

The Fake Steve Jobs blog sums up the situation:

What's really admirable is the ease and style with which Steve Rubel handles the fellatio. No attempt to defend what he wrote. No pretending to have any integrity. Just "whoops, the boss says I gotta reverse myself, and also I have to blow you, so down on my knees I go."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home