9 solid reasons why E-mail still beats social networking1. Because all the updates on social networking sites including Facebook still reach our Inboxes - email from social networking sites is the new SPAM.
2. Because we are getting tired of browsing profiles. Most of the people are like us anyway - bored, blank and uninteresting.
3. Because, unlike teens, school kids and college co-eds, we got to work.
4. Because, unlike social networking sites, it is not rude to send an e-mail to the SPAM folder - it is easy, and acceptable to ignore people using email.
5. Because email is the working person's most important social network - we can have all our important contacts in the address list, available in the chat section during our email sessions - Facebook is pretty late to the IM scene.
6. Because the next generation of email will have integrated RSS.
7. Because the next generation of email will sections for our favorite profiles.
8. Because a major part of social networking activity is SPAM - it is everywhere - on twitter, too. If they are not selling something, the people on these social networking are selling themseleves all the time. Everyone is shouting out aloud "Look at me! Look at my blog post. Look at my pic. " - it is all noise, and pathetic. A man can only take in so much in a lifetime.
9. Because like social networking, e-mail does not make the service providers any money - how long before they start shutting down the social networking sites for lack of revenue?